Hiking in the Lungau
Alpine summer hiking in the UNESCO Biosphere Park of Lungau in Salzburgerland / Kärntner Nockberge & Steiermark
4 days / 3 nights
ab € 189,00
Bookable: May till October
Easy routes and walks, leisurely mountain hiking tours, sunrises, and alpine hut entertainment
The UNESCO certified biosphere Lungau is nestled between the Hohe Tauern and Nock mountains. The landscape here has remained natural, and offers a range of hiking on well marked paths. Enjoy untouched nature, fabulous views from the mountain peaks, 58 crystal clear mountain lakes, and 50 Alpine Inns and huts offering refreshment. The tours require a basic level of fitness. Changes may occur due to weather conditions.
- Arrival. Welcome to the ****Wastlwirt Romantic Hotel & Spa. Move into your cosy room and relax on the wellness island with its large indoor pool.
- Welcome drink at about 06.00 pm with hotel information and slide show about the range of things to see and do in Southern Salzburgerland and the UNESCO certified biosphere Lungau.
- Then the pleasure culinarium from the Rauchkuchl – the unique show kitchen, serving up typical specialities of the region.
- After a delicious breakfast from the Rauchkuchl, you set off on the St Michael hiking paths to the Egidi church in the mountains, via Oberweißburg with its panoramic view over the Lungau high plain and the surrounding mountains. Your destination is the Neuhauseralm. Alpine hut refreshment accompanied by live folk music, then shuttle bus transport back to the hotel (the walk takes approximately 2 hours)
- After a delicious breakfast from the Rauchkuchl, you set off on a hike to the idyllic Prebersee lake, via the Halterhütte to the Grazer hut, and stop off for Kaiserschmarrn from the show kitchen as refreshment. Transport back to the hotel by shuttle bus. (Walking time approximately 2.5 hours).
- After a delicious breakfast from the Rauchkuchl, you take a cable car to the Panoramaalm on the Großeck mountain, then set off on a walk via the Trogalmsee lake, and the Speiereckrücken to the Speiereckhalterhütte hut where you stop off for refreshment, and then head down to St Michael back to the hotel. (The walk takes approximately 2.5 hours, if you add in the Speiereckgipfel then it is an extra 1.5 hours)
- Relax on the wellness island.
- In the evening, the pleasure culinarium of the Rauchkuchl.
- After a delicious breakfast from the Rauchkuchl, a bus journey takes you to the start of your walk on the Nature Park Hike in the Riedingtal valley, up to the Jakoberalm or the Schliereralmseehütte hut. Then the Essersee lake and the Franzfischer hut (round trips of 1- 4 hours). Transport back to the hotel by shuttle bus.
- After a delicious breakfast from the Rauchkuchl, you travel to Weißpriachtal by bus, then head up the valley to the Grangleralm where you have some refreshment before heading back. (Walking time approximately 2 hours. If you add in the Oberhüttensee lake, then an extra 2 hours).
- Cable car trip up the Aineck after a bus trip to Katschberg. A walk in the Nock mountains to the Bonnerhütte then the Brantweineralm Alpine Hut for refreshment, then back to the hotel via the Schlöglbergeralm and the Augustinkapelle chapel.
- In the evening, Romantik DInner in the historic vaultered celler or the Lungauer Stubn, goodbye cocktail with new friends.
After a delicious breakfast from the Rauchkuchl, it is then time to say goodbye to the Wastlwirt and to Lungau.
|p.P. in a double room from||189,-|
|+ Local taxtes p.P./day||2,-|
|Single room-Addition p. night from||20,-|
|Additional night from||59,-|
|Special farm visit to the Neuhausergut with horse-drawn carriage ride and Alpine hut entertainment in the Almstadl, including traditional snack and folk music||29,-|
|Wine cellar evening: a tour through the Austrian wine areas, given by the hotel manager Rudi Baier||19,-|
|Tour guide per day||80,-|
|Cable car ride - group rate (price per person)||8,-|
- 3 x nights accommodation in the 4* Wastlwirt with bath/toilet, bathrobe in your room
- Wastlwirt sumptuous half board and breakfast in the "Rauchkuchl" (Live-Shos kitchen till 10.30 a.m.), hearty midday snack and culinary delights at night
- Use of the wellness island
- Cosy bathrobe
- Free wifi in the lobby, bar and sun terrace
- Daily weather forcast and tips for the day
- Storage for your sports equipment
- 1x Welcome drink with slideshow
- 1x Late Night Wellness
- 1x Romance Dinner with cozy atmosphere in our historical wine cellar
- 1 free space for the tour guide or bus driver (from 20 persons)
- Luggage service
- All-Inklusive services for driver and tour guide
- Lungau round trip with your host, Rudi Baier
- Picture- & Textmaterial for your marketing