Alpine Summer and Farmers Harvest
Tradition & Cultural Festivals in Lungau in Salzburg
4 days / 3 nights from € 189,00
Bookable: May till October
Dancing giants, “Prangstangenfest” using 300,000 flowers, Middle Ages festival, “Almabtrieb” at the start of the Farmers’ Festival, and more besides
Culture and tradition are deeply rooted in the UNESCO Biosphere Park of Lungau. The people here like to meet together at joyful festivals of various types. Guests are warmly welcome to attend. Some of the most popular events during the summer season are:
The dancing giants: Samson figures, up to 8 m tall, are the emblem of Lungau. Nearly every weekend, there are processions with music.
The Festival of 300,000 flowers: between the 20th and 29th June, huge poles up to 8 m in length are decorated with flowers from the Lungau Alpine Meadows and are carried into the churches of Muhr Zederhaus in processions.
Church blessing, village, street, and cultural festivals: on nearly every weekend there is an event with music, dance, and party in at least one of the Lungau village.
Trips to Salzburg and other historic places: the city of Mozart and many other places in the 3 border region of Salzburg, Carinthia, and Styria offer a wide range of events for those interested in culture and tradition.
- Arrival. Welcome to the ****Wastlwirt Romantic Hotel & Spa. Move into your cosy room and relax on the wellness island with its large indoor pool.
- Welcome drink at about 06.00 pm with hotel information and slide show about the range of things to see and do in Southern Salzburgerland and the UNESCO certified biosphere Lungau.
- Then the pleasure culinarium from the Rauchkuchl – the unique show kitchen, serving up typical specialities of the region.
- After a delicious breakfast from the Rauchkuchl, your host Rudi Baier shows you his homeland: the trip takes you to, amongst other places, Schloss Moosham and to Mauterndorf Castle, the Prebersee lake (world famous for its water target shooting), to the pilgrimage church of St Leonhard, and the Silent Night Museum in Mariapfarr, with a wonderful crib display and the desk where Joseph Moor wrote the text for this world-famous Carol in 1816. You then take the 8 seater gondola lift up the Großeck to the Panoramaalm, where you can have a walk and enjoy some refreshment.
- On your return, rest and relax on our wellness island.
- In the evening, a sumptuous Salzburg meal; a 5 course dinner with traditional music.
- Fortified by a delicious breakfast from the Rauchkuchl, you then experience one of the typical traditional events in Lungau (dependent on your holiday dates). In the afternoon, enjoy a special Lungau farm visit. The farmer, Martina welcomes you to the Neuhauseralm, and after a look around the farm, there are then horse-drawn carriage rides and short walks, for example around the Neuhauser pool, with a view of the fascinating Lungau mountains. After that, traditional Alpine hut entertainment with refreshment and accompanied by folk music.
- On your return to the Wastlwirt, there is still time to rest and relax on the wellness island.
- Pleasure culinarium from the Rauchkuchl.
After a delicious breakfast from the Rauchkuchl, it is then time to say goodbye to the Wastlwirt and to Lungau.
|p.P. in a double room from||189,-|
|+ Local taxtes p.P./day||2,-|
|Single room-Addition p. night from||20,-|
|Additional night from||59,-|
|Special farm visit to the Neuhausergut with horse-drawn carriage ride and Alpine hut entertainment in the Almstadl, including traditional snack and folk music||29,-|
|Wine cellar evening: a tour through the Austrian wine areas, given by the hotel manager Rudi Baier||19,-|
|Entrance costs to the traditional events, churches and museum||6,- bis 10,-|
|Cable car ride - group rate (price per person)||8,-|
- 3 x nights accommodation in the 4* Wastlwirt with bath/toilet, bathrobe in your room
- Wastlwirt sumptuous half board and breakfast in the "Rauchkuchl" (Live-Shos kitchen till 10.30 a.m.), hearty midday snack and culinary delights at night
- Use of the wellness island
- Cosy bathrobe
- Free wifi in the lobby, bar and sun terrace
- Daily weather forcast and tips for the day
- Storage for your sports equipment
- 1x Welcome drink with slideshow
- 1x Late Night Wellness
- 1x Romance Dinner with cozy atmosphere in our historical wine cellar
- 1 free space for the tour guide or bus driver (from 20 persons)
- Luggage service
- All-Inklusive services for driver and tour guide
- Lungau round trip with your host, Rudi Baier
- Picture- & Textmaterial for your marketing