Rifles at the Ready
Shooting club meet at the famous water target shooting
4 days / 3 nights
from € 189,00
Bookable: May till October
Experience tradition, and celebrate with new friends
In no other province of Austria is the shooting tradition so developed as in the province of Salzburg. Find out about this centuries-old tradition and see how you compare with the Lungau shooters, including crossbow shooting like in the times of William Tell.
- Arrival. Welcome to the ****Wastlwirt Romantic Hotel & Spa. Move into your cosy room and relax on the wellness island with its large indoor pool.
- Welcome drink at about 06.00 pm with hotel information and slide show about the tradition of shooting, as well as the range of other things to see and do in Southern Salzburgerland and the UNESCO certified biosphere Lungau.
- Then the pleasure culinarium from the Rauchkuchl – the unique show kitchen, serving up typical specialities of the region.
- After a delicious breakfast from the Rauchkuchl, you then experience one of the typical traditional events in Lungau (dependent on your holiday dates). In the afternoon, enjoy a special Lungau farm visit. The farmer, Martina welcomes you to the Neuhauseralm, and after a look around the farm, there are then horse-drawn carriage rides and short walks, for example around the Neuhauser pool, with a view of the fascinating Lungau mountains. After that, traditional alpine hut entertainment in the Almstadl with a traditional snack, accompanied by folk music.
- In the evening, pleasure culinarium from the Rauchkuchl.
- Then the meeting of riflemen with the riflemen’s guard of St. Michael in their clubhouse, followed by an indoor rifle shooting contest and some relaxed, friendly time together.
- After a delicious breakfast from the Rauchkuchl, your host Rudi Baier shows you his homeland: the trip takes you to, amongst other places, Schloss Moosham and to Mauterndorf Castle, the Prebersee lake (world famous for its water target shooting), to the pilgrimage church of St Leonhard, and the Silent Night Museum in Mariapfarr, with a wonderful crib display and the desk where Joseph Moor wrote the text for this world-famous Carol in 1816. You then take the 8 seater gondola lift up the Großeck to the Panoramaalm, where you can have a walk and enjoy some refreshment.
- Crossbow competition with the local "Stachelschützen" from Bundschuh or water target shooting with Alpine hut entertainment and awards ceremony.
- In the evening, a sumptuous Salzburg meal; a 5 course dinner with traditional music. Goodbye cocktail with your new friends.
After breakfast from the Rauchkuchl, it is then time to say goodbye to the Wastlwirt and to Lungau.
|p.P. in a double room from||189,-|
|+ Local taxtes p.P./day||2,-|
|Single room-Addition p. night from||20,-|
|Additional night from||59,-|
|Special farm visit to the Neuhausergut with horse-drawn carriage ride and Alpine hut entertainment in the Almstadl, including traditional snack and folk music||29,-|
|Wine cellar evening: a tour through the Austrian wine areas, given by the hotel manager Rudi Baier||19,-|
|Riflemen’s evening||upon request|
|Stachselschützen - use of the shooting range||upon request|
|Water target shooting with snack if requested||upon request|
|Crossbow shooting||upon request|
|Cable car ride - group rate (price per person)||8,-|
- 3 x nights accommodation in the 4* Wastlwirt with bath/toilet, bathrobe in your room
- Wastlwirt sumptuous half board and breakfast in the "Rauchkuchl" (Live-Shos kitchen till 10.30 a.m.), hearty midday snack and culinary delights at night
- Use of the wellness island
- Cosy bathrobe
- Free wifi in the lobby, bar and sun terrace
- Daily weather forcast and tips for the day
- Storage for your sports equipment
- 1x Welcome drink with slideshow
- 1x Late Night Wellness
- 1x Romance Dinner with cozy atmosphere in our historical wine cellar
- 1 free space for the tour guide or bus driver (from 20 persons)
- Luggage service
- All-Inklusive services for driver and tour guide
- Lungau round trip with your host, Rudi Baier
- Picture- & Textmaterial for your marketing